TRANSLATION AND EDITING SERVICES
I am an American translator, copy editor, and copywriter based in Spain with more than a decade of experience in the translation of texts related to the arts and humanities, the social sciences, education, history, humanitarian aid, human rights, sustainable development, marketing, and the internationalization of private companies. My clients include major corporations, international humanitarian aid organizations, government ministries and agencies, museums, foundations, individual authors, universities, and companies operating in the hospitality, food, wine, high tech, and luxury goods and services sectors.
Areas of Specialization
- Spanish to English translation and editing of internal and external communications, website content, training documents, and marketing texts for private companies, foundations, policy centers, NGOs, and governmental ministries and agencies.
- Spanish to English translation and editing of exhibition catalogs, website content, press releases, and didactic materials
- Translation of texts for advertising campaigns and public relations initiatives
- Spanish to English translation and editing of books, articles, monographs, and other texts related to the arts and sciences, history, and the social sciences
- Translation of fiction and non-fiction books, short stories, and essays
- Spanish to English translation and editing of proposals, presentations, conference documents, and marketing materials
- Copyediting and developmental editing services for authors using English as a second language
A reliable partner dedicated to the success of your project
As a translator, copy editor, and copywriter, I take great pride in the contribution I make to each client’s projects. It is my policy to only accept work that I can carry out to the highest professional standards. I am rigorous in maintaining delivery schedules established for work contracted and make every effort to provide assistance to clients with special needs and circumstances. Last, but not least, the human factor is important in all my professional relationships. From preliminary discussions regarding your translation, editing, or copywriting needs, to the delivery of the finished work, I want our professional collaboration to be a positive experience that you will be glad to remember and repeat.
A deep respect for the written word
Crafting a translation that is clear and appealing to a target audience without betraying an author’s voice and intentions requires skill and effort. A good translator is also a competent writer and communications specialist. The Roman poet Horace had sound advice for anyone attempting to carry a text from one language to another. He said, “As a true translator, you must take care not to translate word for word,” adding that poorly structured verses should be taken “back to the anvil” and hammered into perfection. His advice is as valid today as it was a century before the Common Era. I always make an extra effort to ensure that my translations sound natural to native English speakers and that the vocabulary and style I employ in a given document conforms to the client’s specific needs and expectations.
Solidarity with Changemakers
I believe that by working together we can make a better world. I offer a substantial discount to legally registered non-profit organizations and foundations dedicated to human rights, international cooperation, sustainable development, conservation, social protection and insertion, education, or other pressing social and environmental issues.
I am a member of various professional organizations including the Asociación Aragonesa de Traductores e Intérpretes (ASATI); the Asociación Española de Traductores, Correctores e Interpretes (ASETRAD); the Association of Art Editors (AAE); and The American Copy Editor’s Society (ACES).
References from a few of my clients: